Terms & Conditions
Our Conditions of Sale
1. TOOLFIX JOINERY AND CONSTRUCTION SUPPLIES LIMITED (the Company) only transacts business subject to the following conditions. No Purchaser’s conditions shall override these.
2. Price ruling at time of despatch. The Company reserves the right to charge carriage on any order that is below the Company’s carriage-paid order limit from time to time or which is for goods which are unusually heavy, bulky, fragile, large or for which the Company has incurred additional cost in effecting delivery.
3. No order for specially manufactured items shall be cancelled by the Purchaser. Such orders will also be subject to a supply of plus or minus 10% of order quantity.
4. A handling charge will be levied on all correctly supplied goods returned and accepted by the Company for credit.
5. Any shortages or breakages must be reported within 3 days of delivery, otherwise no claims will be accepted by the Company.
6. Title to goods shall not pass to the Purchaser until the invoice price and other money is paid in full, although the risk in the goods passes to the Purchaser on receipt.
7. Goods supplied will conform to manufacturer’s specification. No other specification, descriptive material, written or oral representation, correspondence or statement or promotional or sales literature shall form part of or be incorporated in these conditions.
8. The Company gives no warranty and accepts no liability (other than set out in 7 above) regarding suitability or fitness for purpose, performance, use, quality or merchantability of the goods, whether expressed or implied.
9. Where the Company endeavours to meet an estimated date for delivery of goods, it accepts no legal obligation to deliver by such date and the Company shall not be liable for any loss to the Purchaser resulting from any failure to deliver by such date, howsoever caused.
10. No waiver by the Company, in any one or more instance, in insisting on its rights under these conditions shall be constructed as a future waiver or relinquishment of its rights and the Purchaser’s acceptance of all the Company’s conditions of sale shall continue in full force and effect.
11. [a] Unless agreed in writing payment in full is due no later than the end of the month following the date of the invoice.
[b] Without prejudice to any other rights of the Company, it shall have the right to claim interest on any sums which remain unpaid on the due date at the rate permitted from time to time by the Late Payment Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 (or by any regulations replacing or modifying the same.)
[c] In the event of the Purchaser ceasing to trade for any reason, its directors, partners or proprietors accept, if more than one jointly and severally, personal liability for payment of all sums due to the Company.
[d] The Purchaser agrees:
(i) to accept a surcharge of £15.00 (+ vat) payable forthwith if a cheque in settlement or part settlement of an invoice is dishonoured for any reason.
(ii) that where goods are supplied on credit the minimum invoice value shall be £25.00 (+ VAT) per calendar month.
12. Credit account terms are given subject to regular activity on the account and adherence to these Conditions of Sale. Failure to comply with either of these will result in the account automatically reverting to ‘Cash Sale’ status, at the discretion of the Company.